Pests and bugs are fond of living in new places. They look for new homes for their seasonal breeding ground. Construction sites are among the most vulnerable places for pest infestation. For decades, the construction industry has a primary concern about the pest infestation. In the recent times, there are many instances of property damage as a result of the infestation of pests like termites and rodents in construction sites. This kind of incidents put people at risk and buildings are crippled or destructed at foundations. Therefore, you need to consider new home construction pest control at the beginning of your project.
Renovation of old buildings and the construction of new ones can both benefit from the consideration of pest control, even before the project gets started. Because of way that construction projects happen, sites are inherently attractive to various pests, such as rodents, insects, spiders, and even termites. Planning for pest control ahead of time will help you not only prevent infestations during the construction phases, but also build in a smart way that can help to keep pests out for years to come.
To avoid poor services and decision regrets, it is important to choose the best pest control company; one that will get the job done right at a price that is affordable to you. So, here is what you need to take into consideration.
Renovation and new construction pest control should be considered during these three phases of the process: Before, During, and After Construction.
Whether starting afresh with a brand new site, or renovating an old one, working with a new home construction pest control professional will help you address some important issues ahead of time, such as:
- Termite Treatment. A new construction termite treatment helps to form chemical barrier to protect your building from later infestations. This may include treating the soil prior to any slab placement, as well as specifically treating the areas where wooden doors, cabinets, and other items will be placed.
- Monitoring. Pest monitors help to assess the surrounding area so you can be aware of what types of pests are nearby and how you might prevent infestation of your building site.
- Water Sources. Always an attraction for pests, water sources such as ponds and lakes nearby should be considered when managing pest control for a construction site.
- Grading. If your property is not appropriately graded, puddles may begin to form around the site, which is attractive to termites, mosquitoes, and other pests.
DURING CONSTRUCTIONNew Home Construction Pest Control Services
In the midst of construction phases, many details need attention. Renovation or new construction pest control might seem trivial, but don’t underestimate the opportunities for pests to invade your work site. Work with your construction team and pest control expert to actively address pest control on your construction site by keeping these things in mind:
- Be mindful of waste spread about the construction site that may be attractive to pests. Human food, cardboard, wood, and other items used during the process might create a food source or habitat for certain pests.
- Remember that new construction may be disrupting the existing habitat of a pest population—particularly of the rodent variety. Get the help of a pest control expert during construction to set traps or bait around the exterior of the construction site to eliminate the relocation of pest population into nearby areas.
- Inspect all incoming materials for signs of pest infestation prior to bringing them onto the site, particularly in the case of wood that might be infested with termites.
Take the advice of a pest control expert on how to prevent termites. This may include using chemicals in areas of excavation, perimeters, pipe beddings, and other places where termites might be attracted.