In light of the new “Omicron” variant of the Novel Coronavirus, it has once again become important to have fresh air to breathe in. Clean and breathable air has become scarce for millions around the world and, in the current state where we have to spend the majority of our time indoors, it is imperative that we take the right steps towards making the indoor environment as hygienic and clean as possible. An Air Purification System helps you do just that! It is a one-time investment that will keep on giving for years to come. And the best thing about it is that you don’t need to invest in a brand-new HVAC System. Simply reach out to a trusted HVAC Services Provider and get an Air Purification System installed in your existing HVAC.
Although the Air Quality Index in Barrington and Illinois as a whole is good, it shouldn’t stop us from taking further steps toward making clean air more accessible and affordable for the inhabitants. Bacteria and Viruses can exist in supposedly clean air too and, if left unchecked, can ravage your household. A normal air filter will not do much against these microscopic particles, so an Air Purifier is the best course of action.
How is an Air Purification System different from a Normal Air Filter?
An Air Purification System, as the term implies, purifies the air quality inside our homes by eliminating pollutants and other harmful substances that can cause all types of problems. You might be thinking, “Oh, but doesn’t my HVAC system already have an Air Filter integrated”?
Hmm… That is something different.
The purpose of the Air Filter in an HVAC System is to prevent the collection of dust on the HVAC’s internal components. While it does filter the air to a certain degree, for example, by filtering out pollen, danders, and even bacteria, the filter on its own cannot improve the quality or hygiene of air within your house.
The Federal Environmental Protection Agency reports that the air pollution in our homes is 2-5 times more polluted than the air outside. The Coronavirus has further exaggerated this issue. Because the air filter in your HVAC system cannot work on a microscopic level, you’re essentially allowing the dangerous particles of the virus to seep into your house unchecked. But all is not doom and gloom…
An Air Purification System, on the other hand, can work on a microscopic level and get rid of bacteria that a traditional air filter cannot. This makes sure you’re getting the highest quality of air to breathe and are safe from all sorts of diseases and viruses.
Is Hygienic Air really that Crucial for Healthier Living?
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Indoor Air Quality of your home can be greatly improved by using an HVAC air purification system. When the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) of your home is low, you’re primed to keep getting respiratory issues such as a cold or flu, or even asthma. The EPA further states that an Air Cleaner needs to be able to remove small airborne particles ranging from a size of 0.1-1 UM
In fact, with microscopic particles floating around in your home, you can even get bacterial or viral infections, not to forget Covid-19. The low quality of air inside your home can not only lead to short-term problems but also cause long-term damage such as respiratory diseases and even cancer!
You might be tempted to go after Portable Air Purifiers as they’re more affordable. However, they will only work in one room or a central area, hence, the rest of your house will be deprived of clean air. HVAC Air Purifiers, on the other hand, are specially made and fitted around the house resulting in Air Purification being done in all parts of the house.
What Exactly Do HVAC Air Purification Systems Purify?
Here’s a list of what will be missing from your home when you install a good HVAC air purification system:
- Dust mites – Traditional Air Filters do a decent job at removing dust mites but Air Purifiers work on a microscopic level and so possess incredible filter strength!
- Bacteria and Viruses – Air Purification Systems remove microscopic substances like Bacteria and Viruses. Covid-19 is one such virus that you can’t see with bare eyes and that a normal air filter can’t get rid of. An air purification system makes sure any such virus or bacteria is thoroughly eliminated leading to cleaner, more hygienic air.
- Smoke – The National Centre for Biotechnology Information reckons that passive smokers are more likely to get respiratory diseases than active smokers. Smoking indoors degrades the quality of air and creates an unpleasant environment for other family members especially children who are more prone to infections and diseases
- Odors – An air purification system helps to get rid of all odors from trash cans, stoves, or even rotting fruit on your kitchen counter!
- Pet Dander – Having a pet that sheds hair lowers AQI, which is why you need an air purification system to remove pet dander from your living space. It’s well and good to use a vacuum cleaner and get rid of dog hair from your carpets and sofas, but Pet Dander is difficult to notice and if inhaled, can cause damage to our bodies
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – VOCs are usually present in business environments such as dry cleaners, printing shops, car garages, and salons and can take a toll on your body from long exposure. Industrial HVAC Air purification systems will remove these with ease, thus increasing your business’ IAQ and making the environment healthier for your workers.
Types of Air Purifiers:
Everyone has different requirements. For people living in studio apartments or condos, it wouldn’t make sense to invest in special HVAC Air Purification Systems. In the same way, homeowners would want to ensure the air stays regulated in the entire house and not just a single room.
ICE-HVAC provides Air Purifiers for both kinds of needs. The most common types of Air Purification Systems include:
- Whole House Purifier – These need special technicians and expertise to install and maintain. Most suitable for homeowners, whole-house purifiers can be quite expensive as you’re essentially fitting the entire house with a special system. However, we’re living in turbulent times where the threat of an airborne virus affecting us is high. A one-time investment is all you need to set up your household for a healthy lifestyle
- Portable Air Purifiers – Portable Air Purifiers are small units that can be moved from one place to another. These are suitable for apartments and condos as their small size means they’re effectively only able to work in smaller rooms
For more information, you can visit our website to read more about our Indoor Air Quality & Air Purification Solutions
Ice-HVAC is here to Purify Your Home!
While an Air Purification System doesn’t guarantee 100% removal of harmful bacteria, it works significantly better than regular air filters. A healthy lifestyle starts with your own house. By investing in an Air Purification System, you’re not only setting yourself up for a healthy lifestyle, but you’ll also become a Clean-Air advocate, inspiring others to do the same.
Ready to take the next step and experience the Highest-Quality Air Possible?
Reach out to Indoor Climate Experts and Book your Appointment to experience the best service in heating and cooling. Whether you need to get maintenance work done for your Old HVAC system or are in need of a New Modern System equipped with the best-in-class Air Purification System, our Experts are one call/booking away.
Schedule a Booking Online or Call (847) 370-9630 Right Now!